Direkt zum Hauptbereich

Studio D, Schritte, Berliner Platz

I often find myself "pushing" material of "hueber", mainly their course
"Schritte" for beginners and "Ziel" for advanced learners.
So I am happy to declare, that their "white-board CD" is rather useless,
the English XXL-Glossary written solely with American learners in mind,
the teacher-DVD is not that great too (I prefer the "teacherbook" for "Tangram", they made teaching really easy; never loved the course itself though),
and no Arabic Glossary available for "Schritte international".
But I do not think that matters that much.
"Berliner Platz" by Langenscheidt is by now a bit too old, thus they did
a modernised version - I doubt that it is now perfect for the new A1, A2, B1 exams. I will check in summer.
"Studio D" claims to have been the first to offer "all", still I was disappointed by their CD-ROM, I would wish for more exercises in the basic book and feel they are not as focused on the new exams as they should.
But all really good books!
Just do not touch "optimal" or "genial" of Langenscheidt - they are shockingly inferior to the 3 mentioned above.
There are other books around, some interesting, some very disappointing,
but the amount of work, expertise, time, money involved in creating an up-to-date course for beginners is just too much: One "genius"-teacher can not do all that alone. Still she/he may have more success than a mediocre teacher with "the best" of materials. In the end, the learner is doing the learning - whether with Griesbach, Neuner, Piepho or Häussermann does not matter that much.

Kommentare