Direkt zum Hauptbereich

New books on the block

Hello again! Just read one of my old long posts from 2009. Still better than the new ones ;)
BUT: Things are changing. A lot of new books arrived , one publisher was bought by another (Langenscheidt has only itself to blame, too many BAD books like "genial" and "optimal"),
and I found a small publisher with the best TestDaF training book, I have ever seen.

New books: "Aussichten" by Klett is a nice one, for adults only (many topics about job and family),
not for students. AND it comes with CD, DVD, DVD-ROM all included! COOL!

"Netzwerk" by Langenscheidt also has a DVD with video included. Seems to be the new standard, I like that ;). The video is about a young lady (19) doing an internship.

"Menschen" by Hueber also comes with a lot of Discs, I like the book, I do not like the nonsense praise they are writing about it "newest scientific research about language learning" and then they bring old pattern-drill-exercises on the DVD, like 50 years ago! I DO like good pattern drills, but you find the best (MUCH better than in "Menschen"!) in a book from 1988 or so: SPRACHKURS DEUTSCH by Prof. U. Häussermann.
(get it "used" at amazon or ebay, 26 Euro for a new one is overpriced - well, I do buy it again and again, but I am a teacher)

That are NOT all good, new books, but I guess the main ones. All with smart-board DVD-ROMs - if those are easy to copy, some irresponsible/poor people might just do that -instead of buying the books.
I prefer to have stuff in my hands - and writing on paper helps memorizing better than typing.


Kommentare